Friday, October 12, 2007

CERs

As I have "on-boarded" with Autodesk I have been impressed with the tremendous amount of information and the variety of training that we as employees have access to in order to do our jobs well.

I recently received information about how the Customer Error Reports (CERs) that are sent in are used. I now have understanding of some of the processes that analyze the reports.

CERs are absolutely the last thing that any Civil 3D users wishes to encounter. In my travels I have met users that say that submitting CERs is a waste of time. Nothing could be further from the truth. These reports not only help the development team identify areas of the application that need attention. They also help prioritize which problems would provide the most impact, to the most people, the quickest.

The CERs are categorized by many different common factors. Trends or consistencies are determined and the item(s) with the largest numbers get the majority of the attention. Very straight forward.

In closing, I would say as unpleasant as it may be, PLEASE! always send the CERs. This will help your organization the most by placing focus on issues that are hampering YOU of YOUR organization's users. Otherwise, the focus may go to issues that are, comparatively speaking, of lesser importance to the entire industry.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

CERs would be far more palatable if Autodesk would discontinue the web "pop-up" to thank me. It wastes even more time.